Some of the tremendous benefits of and reasons for starting or increasing perpetual adoration include:
“The Eucharist is the supreme proof of the love of Jesus.” “Eucharistic adoration is the most necessary mission to the church, which has even more need of prayerful souls, than of powerful preachers or men of eloquence.” – St Peter Julian Eymard, Apostle of the Eucharist.
Ten of the Spiritual Benefits of Attending Adoration:
- Sit with Jesus face to face.
- Gain an awareness of the specific gifts you have been given by the Holy Spirit
- Gain knowledge through spiritual reading from the chapel library
- Receive a deepened relationship with God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit
- Experience increased spiritual strength
- Feel the growing desire to set aside a special hour to be with Jesus
- Receive an increase in charity, love for others
- Gain an enhanced understanding of our faith
- Gain a greater insight into our role and purpose in life
- Increase your thankfulness for the graces given through Adoration
At Adoration, people will come to know the peace and joy of a true relationship with Jesus, a greater understanding of their purpose in life and how much Jesus unconditionally loves them every minute of every day.
“Each one of us is a co-worker of Christ – we must labour hard to carry Him to the hearts where he has not yet been known and loved… But, unless we have Jesus, we cannot give Him: that is why we need the Eucharist. Spend as much time as possible in front of the Blessed Sacrament and He will fill you with His strength and His power” (St. Mother Teresa of Calcutta).
Some of the Benefits and Fruits of our efforts establishing adoration include:
- Salvation and sanctification of souls.
- Glory, honour, praise and adoration of Almighty God.
- Spread of peace, joy, and goodness amongst all people.
- Alleviation of: spiritual poverty, isolation, lack of community, and providing an oasis where there are currently spiritual deserts.
- God’s blessings upon society, the Church, parishes, clergy, religious, and laity.
- Increased holiness and charity.
- Hours of prayer and Eucharistic adoration have a positive impact on our country and society.
- Prayer help to deliver souls from Purgatory to enter into Heaven.
- God’s love is brought to souls and souls to God’s love.
- Each adoration site is an oasis of peace where individuals or groups enjoy contemplative prayer in the Real Presence of Christ in the Sacred Species.
- Allowing people to explore and discover new depths of spirituality in time spent in the Presence of the most Blessed Sacrament.
- Brings about the return of fallen away Catholics and conversion away from sin.
- The understanding, hope and responsibility fostered through Eucharistic Adoration fuels, revives and strengthens vocations, families, marriages, churches, priests and communities.
- Documented decrease in crimes and other evils where Adoration chapels are established.
- Builds Christian community and improved human relations, justice and service.
- Increased Mass attendance, better preparation for and frequenting of the Sacraments.
- Increased love, respect and reverence.
- Reawakening and deepening of faith in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist.
- A continuing legacy of thousands or millions of hours of prayer of perpetual adoration.
- All persons, including non-Catholics, are welcome and invited to pray at adoration chapels.
- Helping people to develop a personal relationship with God.