“The Eucharist is the supreme proof of the love of Jesus.” “Eucharistic adoration is the most necessary mission to the church, which has even more need of prayerful souls, than of powerful preachers or men of eloquence.” – St Peter Julian Eymard, Apostle of the Eucharist
Some Tremendous Benefits of and Reasons for Increasing Adoration Include:
Some Potential Benefits of Attending Adoration:
- Visit with Jesus face to face
- A better awareness of God’s love
- Gain more awareness of the gifts you have been given by the Holy Spirit
- Gain knowledge through spiritual reading from the adoration chapel library
- Deepen your relationship with God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- Experience increased spiritual strength
- Feel the growing desire to set aside a special hour to be with Jesus
- Receive an increase in charity, love for others
- Gain an enhanced understanding of the Catholic faith
- A greater insight into your role and purpose in life
- Gratitude for the graces given through Adoration
- Coming to know the peace and joy of a true relationship with God
Adapted from http://www.stannesadoration.com/
“Each one of us is a co-worker of Christ – we must labour hard to carry Him to the hearts where he has not yet been known and loved…
But, unless we have Jesus, we cannot give Him: that is why we need the Eucharist. Spend as much time as possible in front of the Blessed Sacrament and He will fill you with His strength and His power.” – St. Teresa of Calcutta.
Some of the Benefits and Fruits of our Efforts Establishing Adoration Include:
- Salvation and sanctification of souls.
- Glory, honour, praise and adoration of Almighty God.
- Spread of peace, joy, and goodness amongst all people.
- Alleviation of: spiritual poverty, isolation, lack of community, and providing an oasis where there are currently spiritual deserts.
- God’s blessings upon society, the Church, parishes, clergy, religious, and laity.
- Increased holiness and charity.
- Hours of prayer and Eucharistic adoration have a positive impact on our country and society.
- Prayer help to deliver souls from Purgatory to enter into Heaven.
- God’s love is brought to souls and souls to God’s love.
- Each adoration site is an oasis of peace where individuals or groups enjoy contemplative prayer in the Real Presence of Christ in the Sacred Species.
- Allowing people to explore and discover new depths of spirituality in time spent in the Presence of the most Blessed Sacrament.
- Brings about the return of fallen away Catholics and conversion away from sin.
- The understanding, hope and responsibility fostered through Eucharistic Adoration fuels, revives and strengthens vocations, families, marriages, churches, priests and communities.
- Documented decrease in crimes and other evils where Adoration chapels are established.
- Builds Christian community and improved human relations, justice and service.
- Increased Mass attendance, better preparation for and frequenting of the Sacraments.
- Increased love, respect and reverence.
- Reawakening and deepening of faith in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist.
- A continuing legacy of thousands or millions of hours of prayer of perpetual adoration.
- All persons, including non-Catholics, are welcome and invited to pray at adoration chapels.
- Helping people to develop a personal relationship with God.
- Adoration and meditation have psychological and mental health benefits – calming effects, reduction in anxiety, stress, and nervous tension.
- Cognitive benefits, increased mindfulness, thoughtfulness and kindness.