The goal and purpose of international Eucharistic congresses is to make Christian communities worldwide realize that the source and summit of the life and mission of the Church is the Eucharist!
We support and help to implement this goal. Join in celebrating and preparing by having adoration in your own parish and Christian community.
His Eminence, Cardinal Péter Erdő, Primate, Archbishop of
Esztergom-Budapest and the General Secretariat of the 52nd International
Eucharistic Congress (IEC2020) invited the faithful around the world
again to a common prayer and adoration on Saturday of the Feast of
Christ the King, on 21 November 2020. This time, with regard to the
pandemic, participants also join in from home with individual
prayer, rosary and reading of the Bible, and indicate their
participation, by giving their names and postal codes on the event’s
website, corpusdomini.iec2020.hu that is available in eight languages.
Mission statement of the International Eucharistic Congress Budapest, September 5-21, 2021
1. The fundamental aim of International Eucharistic Congress (IEC) is to make Catholic faithful aware of the fact that the Eucharist is the source and summit of the Church’s life.
2. The Eucharist is “the source of life”. This way it can be a resource for each believer, for the community of believers, and for the society. The objective of IEC is to highlight, research, and demonstrate this.
3. The mission of IEC is to reinforce the faith, the knowledge, and the apologetics of Catholic faithful, on the individual and the parochial level, engaging more deeply with Catholic tradition, so they would live a consistent Christian life and continue the work of the Good News of salvation with a renewed missionary spirit, taking an active part in the new evangelization of Europe this way. The IEC shall serve the revival of parishes with the help of renewed believers strengthened in their faith. This process is helped by a variety of trainings, courses, meetings, retreats, publications, prospectuses etc. during the years of preparation. Thus, the Congress is a scientific forum at the same time, which aims to help the worship of the Eucharist in practice, in a clear and tangible way. …
6. Eucharist is the Bread of Life, thus the mission of IEC is evident in a horizontal manner as well: social, societal, and charity programs, and openness towards the poor are an integral part of it.
7. The IEC provides an opportunity to facilitate the dialogue and create better understanding between different faiths and religions. It can give place to a common, social, charitable collaboration.
9. Finally, the IEC wants to glorify, celebrate, and present Christ living with us in the Eucharist, and bring him closer to all the people of good will.
In 2008, Canada hosted the 49th International Eucharistic Congress.
Pastoral Letter on Eucharistic Adoration from His Eminence Marc Cardinal Ouellet: