The goal and purpose of international Eucharistic congresses is to make Christian communities worldwide realize that the source and summit of the life and mission of the Church is the Eucharist!
We support and help to implement this goal. Join in celebrating and preparing by having adoration in your own parish and Christian community.
“Jesus Christ, when saying farewell to His disciples, sent them into the whole world to proclaim the gospel. He promised to be with them ‘always, until the end of the age’. He is with us in his teaching, in his mercy, in his sacraments, but most specially in the celebration of the Eucharist and in the Blessed Sacrament, that we adore outside the Holy Mass, too.
“Saturday of the Feast of Corpus Christi, on 5th of June, we invite again everyone for a worldwide adoration. In the current epidemiological situation, where there is no opportunity to gather in our churches, we can also join in from our homes with our personal prayers. Let us take part in this common adoration, join in with your parish, your community and your family! Let this worldwide adoration be the next station of our preparation for the 52nd International Eucharistic Congress in Budapest, and let us relive the regenerating love of God.”
The September 5-12, 2021, I.E.C. Program: https://www.iec2020.hu/en/program
“The 52nd International Eucharistic Congress will be held in September in Budapest, and we can meet Jesus and each other there.He is the Host who gives Himself to us with the words: ‘Take it; this is my body.’ We would like to celebrate Him with you in the Holy Mass, in the Eucharist also at the Congress. Until then, let us pray for each other in front of the Blessed Sacrament in thousands of churches and in our homes all over the world for an hour, on Saturday of the Feast of Corpus Christi, on 5th of June.
“Join us at corpusdomini.iec2020.hu!
“Please help organize the adoration of the Blessed Sacrament in your parish or community and register online or join a venue at corpusdomini.iec2020.hu.”
His Eminence, Cardinal Péter Erdő, Primate, Archbishop of
Esztergom-Budapest and the General Secretariat of the 52nd International
Eucharistic Congress (IEC2020) invited the faithful around the world
again to a common prayer and adoration on Saturday of the Feast of
Christ the King, on 21 November 2020. This time, with regard to the
pandemic, participants also join in from home with individual
prayer, rosary and reading of the Bible, and indicate their
participation, by giving their names and postal codes on the event’s
website, corpusdomini.iec2020.hu that is available in eight languages.
Mission statement of the International Eucharistic Congress Budapest, September 5-21, 2021
1. The fundamental aim of International Eucharistic Congress (IEC) is to make Catholic faithful aware of the fact that the Eucharist is the source and summit of the Church’s life.
2. The Eucharist is “the source of life”. This way it can be a resource for each believer, for the community of believers, and for the society. The objective of IEC is to highlight, research, and demonstrate this.
3. The mission of IEC is to reinforce the faith, the knowledge, and the apologetics of Catholic faithful, on the individual and the parochial level, engaging more deeply with Catholic tradition, so they would live a consistent Christian life and continue the work of the Good News of salvation with a renewed missionary spirit, taking an active part in the new evangelization of Europe this way. The IEC shall serve the revival of parishes with the help of renewed believers strengthened in their faith. This process is helped by a variety of trainings, courses, meetings, retreats, publications, prospectuses etc. during the years of preparation. Thus, the Congress is a scientific forum at the same time, which aims to help the worship of the Eucharist in practice, in a clear and tangible way. …
6. Eucharist is the Bread of Life, thus the mission of IEC is evident in a horizontal manner as well: social, societal, and charity programs, and openness towards the poor are an integral part of it.
7. The IEC provides an opportunity to facilitate the dialogue and create better understanding between different faiths and religions. It can give place to a common, social, charitable collaboration.
9. Finally, the IEC wants to glorify, celebrate, and present Christ living with us in the Eucharist, and bring him closer to all the people of good will.
In 2008, Canada hosted the 49th International Eucharistic Congress.
Pastoral Letter on Eucharistic Adoration from His Eminence Marc Cardinal Ouellet: