We are an apostolate for the promotion of prayer, love for and adoration of Jesus in the most Blessed Sacrament.
Our mission includes providing adoration Sign-Ups, in person or/and remotely, to promote, establish, increase and maintain daily or weekly partial hours of exposition and adoration of the Real Presence of Christ or round the clock Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration.
We help to recruit and train scheduled adorers and an adoration coordinating team of laity from within each parish and provide comprehensive organizational resources.
Our apostolate of Eucharistic adoration promotes faithful education, belief in and loving devotion to the Real Presence of Christ.
Our apostolic efforts and resources are theologically and morally sound. We assist parishes, dioceses and communities in conformity with the teaching of the Church and in obedience to the bishops and clergy, for the building up of the Body of Christ.
The Eucharist is “the source and summit of the Church’s life and mission.” Eucharistic spirituality “embraces the whole of life” (Pope Benedict XVI, Sacramentum Caritatis, 77-78).
“The worship of the Eucharist outside of the Mass is of inestimable value for the life of the Church. … It is the responsibility of Pastors to encourage, also by their personal witness, the practice of Eucharistic adoration, and exposition of the Blessed Sacrament in particular, as well as prayer of adoration before Christ present under the Eucharistic species” (St. Pope John Paul II, Ecclesia de Eucharistia, No. 25).
We encourage and assist dioceses, parishes and Christian communities to establish, increase and maintain:
- The gold standard of round the clock perpetual Eucharistic adoration;
- Extended Eucharistic adoration, beginning in the early hours of the morning and continuing until the evening;
- Daily Eucharistic adoration during specific hours;
- Eucharistic adoration during one or more days of the week during specific hours;
- Eucharistic adoration for special circumstances, such as feast days, anniversaries;
- Holy Hours for all clergy, seminarians, religious congregations, children, youth, young adults, families, schools, adults, seniors, care centres, prisoners, life etc.;
- Faithful Eucharistic education and catechesis that builds belief in and devotion to Jesus Christ, truly present in Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity in the Holy Eucharist;
- Eucharistic Processions, for the Solemnity of Corpus Christi and other occasions;
- Pastoral letters promoting the Eucharist and Eucharistic Adoration;
- Diocesan and parish websites promoting adoration, listing days, times and sites;
- Vigils such as Forty Hours and diocesan rosary congresses, especially where it is impossible to have regular weekly exposition or perpetual adoration;
- Diocesan or worldwide celebrations such as Years of the Eucharist
It was St. Pope John Paul II’s great desire that perpetual Eucharistic adoration, with permanent exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, would continue into the future and be established “in all parishes and Christian communities throughout the world” (Reasons for Eucharistic Adoration).
“Jesus Christ is calling you to spend one special specific hour with Him each week” – St. Pope John Paul II. We encourage all to embrace God’s call for these daily or weekly “holy hours”.
The vision is that there be people in every parish and Christian community praying and adoring Our Lord, in response to His invitation: “Could you not keep watch one hour with Me?” (Matthew 26:40).
Adorers are formed by spending time with Jesus and being close to Him. Holy hours with our loving and merciful Saviour in His Real Presence provide tremendous opportunities for spiritual growth in knowledge and love of God, virtue, prayer, peaceful silence, and countless benefits for individuals, parishes and society.
Ad Jesum per Mariam – To Jesus through Mary!
For the glory of God and the salvation of souls!
Adveniat Regnum Tuum Eucharisticum – May Thy Eucharistic Kingdom Come! – St. Peter Julian Eymard